Ikou Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
IE Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Gallery
Things that would be good for the game. Empty
Let's see how long this lasts.
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke
Hey all!

Been a while since I bothered posting here, since there was absolutely nothing I could do to revive the game from the state in which it was left. That has since changed, and I now have access to the means to better the game, and bring it to the state in which it was originally meant to be played.

I do hope regulars and newbies alike welcome the changes I plan to bring, and continue to …

Comments: 0
Ikou Era Apology
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 am by AllSmiles
Hello, faithful Ikou Era players. I am sorry for being so inactive to the production of Ikou Era, me slowing down with updates had affected all of us. I doubt, I can make it up for your patience and your unbreakable loyalty to someone that had been made by my brain. Ikou Era is my first original project and it is one of the most proudest work I had done, this project was the result of my …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Let's see how long this lasts.
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke

» Hosting of Ikou
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am by Misuke

» Places, Housing, Combat, etc.
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am by slash124cool

» What the phock
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:22 am by arato

» Suggestions
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am by Anonymous Samurai

» The Shogun of Edo
Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am by Anonymous Samurai

Things that would be good for the game.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyfus
Scyfus

IC Profile
IC Name:

PostSubject: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 am

Starting a new thread since my old one is sort of dated.

Injuries----------------------------------------------------------------- Basically add in permenant injuries from combat or overtraining. Injuries vary from light (last a few hours, temporarily lowers a stat) to severe (lose a fraction of some stats).
This adds consequences to spar whores and power gamers which the games been flooded with.

Change the SP system-------------------------------------------------------
In my opinion, it's seriously flawed. If someone is rping a miner, fisherman,cook etc, they can just get a sword and be sudden gods because of all the points they got. People will cover every proffession and be legendary at it, making it hard for the non-powergamers to compete/get IC work.

Some ways to fix this could be SP points are a reward only thing for RP, encouraging more and better rp.
Change the way they work so they dont just apply to stats, but trade, and SP aqquired in fishing can't be added to combat or mining.

MISC------

---For when multiple maps are added, add in a delay from map to map so players cant just jump from town to town or rush battles they shouldn't know about. It would definitely add to travelling, making it so you have to stop from town to town or set up camp.

---More traditional clothes.

---Profile pictures.
Raise the default age, it's always odd when everyone is rping a prepubescent samurai and everyone running/living in the town is barely a teen.

Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 am

-think the following , on feudal japan there was a lot of poverty meaning not many could afford those "traditional" costumes youre talking about.
- the sp system has been already tryed to be changed by rp experience but wasnt ,beacuse it would make always good rpers the strongest which would be practically unbalancing the game, noobs can be good rpers too so watch out.
- injuries arent required, theres very few stats to add an injurie system, plus its quite copyed from Dbz rp game.
- age is 10 but doesnt mean its actually the ic age, people has the right to choose their age icly to have a more personalized rp, which can be stated on the background.

for the last im not saying the game doesnt need to be fixed, but it would do when the time comes...
Back to top Go down
Scyfus
Scyfus

IC Profile
IC Name:

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:54 am

slash124cool wrote:
-think the following , on feudal japan there was a lot of poverty meaning not many could afford those "traditional" costumes youre talking about.
- the sp system has been already tryed to be changed by rp experience but wasnt ,beacuse it would make always good rpers the strongest which would be practically unbalancing the game, noobs can be good rpers too so watch out.
- injuries arent required, theres very few stats to add an injurie system, plus its quite copyed from Dbz rp game.
- age is 10 but doesnt mean its actually the ic age, people has the right to choose their age icly to have a more personalized rp, which can be stated on the background.

for the last im not saying the game doesnt need to be fixed, but it would do when the time comes...

Good rpers should have an edge, this is a ROLEPLAY game. As it stands, people who spend time developing characters and rping can't keep up with the 24/7 trainers.
If people are swinging swords at eachother or practising 24/7 of course they would get injuries, the body needs rest and there are always accidents.
And the reason I suggest age is because many people just go by the default, assumed age of '10'
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm

i understand the fact that you think this game need realism, but doesnt mean you have to be affected by injuries, perhaps injuries could affect health and stamina to avoid constant sparring with sharpened weapons but that this game is an rp game doesnt mean it is fully rp, since it posses some verbs that gives this feeling of battle, dont think that all this isnt already being worked on, in fact this years there has been post that talks about the skill point system and more. I suggest you better check them up and see how smiles and other members of the staff reacted to this.
Back to top Go down
AllSmiles
Admin
Admin
AllSmiles

IC Profile
IC Name: [DEV] AllSmiles

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm

A few changes that I will talk about are:
Styles, reason why there are 24/7 trainers are cuz Styles are free for everyone to make. We are making that so a few roleplayers are going to have the power to make a style and branching styles are for players that are approved by admins and such.
Traveling Delay, I think its best to keep this how it is, since our player base is small and events aren't that common. Alittle metagaming for watch or even join in is a good way to have fun.
Injuries, this is a maybe and maybe in the near future. We haven't really put much thought in punishing people for combat, since we do have a VERY unforgiving death system.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 am

anyway the game still doesnt have other places to travell than edo and its outside part, i liked the idea of the styles but by a few roleplayers you mean people you think its good enought for it?
perhaps players could write an rp by an admin given topic involving the creation of a style, if style is that limited the boost it gives should also be increased.
Back to top Go down
AllSmiles
Admin
Admin
AllSmiles

IC Profile
IC Name: [DEV] AllSmiles

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:23 am

In this update I have a new starting villages finished and a few hidden villages and alot of caves to explore. The new lands are like 200% bigger than the old map with just Edo. That is why it is taking forever for me to finish xDD
Back to top Go down
Geeky Panda
Citizen
Citizen
Geeky Panda

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 pm

AllSmiles wrote:
In this update I have a new starting villages finished and a few hidden villages and alot of caves to explore. The new lands are like 200% bigger than the old map with just Edo. That is why it is taking forever for me to finish xDD

Hidden Villages? Must take over and create an RP paradise of a village. :C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that would be good for the game.   Things that would be good for the game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that would be good for the game.
Page 1 of 1