Ikou Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
IE Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Gallery
House ownage/building system suggestion Empty
Let's see how long this lasts.
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke
Hey all!

Been a while since I bothered posting here, since there was absolutely nothing I could do to revive the game from the state in which it was left. That has since changed, and I now have access to the means to better the game, and bring it to the state in which it was originally meant to be played.

I do hope regulars and newbies alike welcome the changes I plan to bring, and continue to …

Comments: 0
Ikou Era Apology
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 am by AllSmiles
Hello, faithful Ikou Era players. I am sorry for being so inactive to the production of Ikou Era, me slowing down with updates had affected all of us. I doubt, I can make it up for your patience and your unbreakable loyalty to someone that had been made by my brain. Ikou Era is my first original project and it is one of the most proudest work I had done, this project was the result of my …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Let's see how long this lasts.
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke

» Hosting of Ikou
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am by Misuke

» Places, Housing, Combat, etc.
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am by slash124cool

» What the phock
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:22 am by arato

» Suggestions
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am by Anonymous Samurai

» The Shogun of Edo
House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am by Anonymous Samurai

House ownage/building system suggestion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Anyway i was looking, on other rp games, and theres a good variety that posses what we call having a house to live.
by my own experience i also know games such as Dragon ball finale that allows you to build youre own house inisde out, so iw as wondering why not giving ikou era instead of already build edifications, or atleast that there is on some areas/place where they can buy and own a land. Build a house there.It would only require some few tiles-walls-roof-doors and then an inner decoration.
In the other hand, if its to hard to make it, we could give a shogun verb where he can grant a villager some keys so to lock the doors of the house, and an npc that sells cheap decoration.
I hope the idea sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Eteruu
Eteruu

IC Profile
IC Name: Hateru

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 am

slash124cool wrote:
Anyway i was looking, on other rp games, and theres a good variety that posses what we call having a house to live.
by my own experience i also know games such as Dragon ball finale that allows you to build youre own house inisde out, so iw as wondering why not giving ikou era instead of already build edifications, or atleast that there is on some areas/place where they can buy and own a land. Build a house there.It would only require some few tiles-walls-roof-doors and then an inner decoration.
In the other hand, if its to hard to make it, we could give a shogun verb where he can grant a villager some keys so to lock the doors of the house, and an npc that sells cheap decoration.
I hope the idea sounds good.

Not sure giving people the verbs to build their own house is a good idea. It could 'cause alot of wierd buildnings.

I do however love the idea of the shogun giving keys to different houses. And also the shogun could have a "remove" verb, taking the keys from the one that it was given to.

That way, the shogun could collect taxes, require services or anything that is suitable. It would in other words give the shogun some sort of power.

In terms of decoration, I would suggest simple things that can be upgraded at an NPC (House master, Butler or whatever fits) that is INSIDE the house. This would make it so that only a few houses are avaivable as "player-house".

In terms of the actual decoration, the house could get fires or ovens (for cooking), anvils, work benches, chairs, tables or whatever the user wants. The building-part of it should be pre-set though, to avoid complications with dumb players.

The whole thing would probably require a ton of coding, so I don't expect anything to happen immidiatly (to say the least).

But I generally like the idea.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:59 am

well we already have the edification, anyway the taxes idea sounds good, also decoration should have some advantage making it actually good having a house, you coud buy like example:
-a safebox ,where you can bank youre money , and add a limit to the money that can be carried, in orther to keep safe youre money.
-a safe box for items, or a weapon cage, to carry less weapons
-Beds could actually be used if ever added a sleeping system, to increase the speed in which the seeping bar vanish.
-kitchen could actually have certain advantage compered t the normal cooking spots.

Anyway this are just ideas, i know it requires a lot of coding, but it will improve the game alot, making it even more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Eteruu
Eteruu

IC Profile
IC Name: Hateru

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm

slash124cool wrote:
well we already have the edification, anyway the taxes idea sounds good, also decoration should have some advantage making it actually good having a house, you coud buy like example:
-a safebox ,where you can bank youre money , and add a limit to the money that can be carried, in orther to keep safe youre money.
-a safe box for items, or a weapon cage, to carry less weapons
-Beds could actually be used if ever added a sleeping system, to increase the speed in which the seeping bar vanish.
-kitchen could actually have certain advantage compered t the normal cooking spots.

Anyway this are just ideas, i know it requires a lot of coding, but it will improve the game alot, making it even more realistic.

This is soo supported.

At first, I hope that having a bank or a safeplace to store items would be preferred ALOT.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 pm

like i said if added the new money system im proposing it would actually be needed.
then house coudl be more than just a home, also if it is a big building you could actually ask for taxes if the people lives in there, sort of motel/hotel, also it could become a dojo, gambling building , if ever gambling games such a shogy, etc... this would give us new types of job, i mean theres alot of changes if it comes to have youre own house, i dont expect it to come soon..
Back to top Go down
Amy

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am

Bumping this topic since it has some good ideas in it, not OMG WE NEED THAT RIGHT NOW IDEAS, but Good ideas that would be nice in the future. Bumping for the reason of checking if an admin has seen it and has thought of adding any of these features in.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 pm

it was my first suggestion post thanks, finally another supporter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Guardsman
Guardsman
Phoenix

IC Profile
IC Name: Phoe Baraoh

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 am

Smiles really likes her house icons, I don't think she's going to change them. She's probably going to make some sort of admin command that builds a house where they are standing.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 am

yeah well the building system is for less, people are actually more interested in the infinite job capability the houses and big buildig has.

i really dont know why people took that much on commenting such an old suggestion
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Guardsman
Guardsman
Phoenix

IC Profile

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 pm

You have to remember that games like "Dragonball Finale" have their flaws in the building system. I think Smiles made it this way for a reason.
Back to top Go down
slash124cool
Vagrant
Vagrant
slash124cool

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:
You have to remember that games like "Dragonball Finale" have their flaws in the building system. I think Smiles made it this way for a reason.
yeah i understood ones i went from finale/phoenix/zee to bleach odissey and ikou era
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Guardsman
Guardsman
Phoenix

IC Profile

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:36 am

I went from......Err...A lot. I've done nearly every type of roleplaying, not just in video games, so I know what's good and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House ownage/building system suggestion   House ownage/building system suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House ownage/building system suggestion
Page 1 of 1