Ikou Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
IE Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Gallery
GM Application Skeleton Empty
Let's see how long this lasts.
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke
Hey all!

Been a while since I bothered posting here, since there was absolutely nothing I could do to revive the game from the state in which it was left. That has since changed, and I now have access to the means to better the game, and bring it to the state in which it was originally meant to be played.

I do hope regulars and newbies alike welcome the changes I plan to bring, and continue to …

Comments: 0
Ikou Era Apology
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 am by AllSmiles
Hello, faithful Ikou Era players. I am sorry for being so inactive to the production of Ikou Era, me slowing down with updates had affected all of us. I doubt, I can make it up for your patience and your unbreakable loyalty to someone that had been made by my brain. Ikou Era is my first original project and it is one of the most proudest work I had done, this project was the result of my …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Let's see how long this lasts.
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke

» Hosting of Ikou
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am by Misuke

» Places, Housing, Combat, etc.
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am by slash124cool

» What the phock
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:22 am by arato

» Suggestions
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am by Anonymous Samurai

» The Shogun of Edo
GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am by Anonymous Samurai

GM Application Skeleton

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thanatos

PostSubject: GM Application Skeleton   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 am

Code:
[i]Basic Information[/i]

[b]Name:(In-game name)[/b]
[b]Real Name: (IRL Name)[/b]
[b]Key:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Position Desired:[/b](Enforcer, Admin, the like.)

[b]Reason:[/b](No BS answer that we want to hear. We want your true intentions. This means,'I want to help people'. There's -always- a person gain for something. Let's hear it. This is likely to decide things accordingly. Those that say 'I want to help people' will most likely end up denied immediately.)

[i]Q&A[/i]

[b]What is RP?[/b]

[b]What is godmod/powerplay?(Give a full description. Half-assed answers will NOT be accepted.)[/b]

[b]What would be a good RP name to use?(Not your own.)[/b]

[b]What is a troll?[/b]

[b]What would you do to a troll?[/b]

[b]What methods do you take to secure the safety of the community?[/b]

[b]What hours are you on generally?[/b]

[b]What are the rules? (In your own words.)[b]

[b][i]Simulation[/i][/b]

A player is trolling, spamming, non-rp attacking/killing other people. What would you do the first time he makes a mistake? What would you do the second time? What would you do the fourth? What would you do the final time? Would you just ban the troll on the spot without any warnings the first time it makes a mistake?(The troll isn't obvious at first. Keep that in mind.) How would you carry this out professionally?

If you want to write an application to see if you can become a GM or w/e, use this. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Martienader2
Vagrant
Vagrant
Martienader2

IC Profile
IC Name: [ADM] Martienader

PostSubject: Re: GM Application Skeleton   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:03 am

And should this just be posted here?
I'll give it a slight go.

Basic Information

Name:(In-game name) Tatsura, Eshaku
Key: Martienader2
Age: I would like to keep this secret in public, PM me if you really want to know.

Position Desired:What ever you seem fit for me, most likely enforcer, I'm a council member on another game.

Reason: The main reason that I want to be an admin is not to help people, less can be helped, the community knows how to help their selves, or at least, that is what I experienced. I've not been playing this game for a long time, but I know the ways of the GM, I've been an administrator on few different games, some turned out well, others did not. But back to the point, like I mentioned, not to help people, but to help keeping the rules enforced. I've seen some people netspeaking (words such as LOL, ROFL, etc. in IC chat, this is not in the rules, or I did not yet noticed this.) without anything been done about it, and yet people complained over OOC that the guy was a 'douchebag'. Get my point?

Q&A

What is RP? RP stands for Role Play, it means that you place yourself in someone else, with another character, followed by pretending to be him, in a real world, with real people. The key to good RP is probably not doing things you would not do in real life either.

What is godmod/powerplay?(Give a full description. Half-assed answers will NOT be accepted.)
God mod would mean that you will change other people their RP, for example, you emote that you hit someone, and they run away, while they did not plan to do so on their own. That will be considered god mod. Power play would mean that you will RP having great powers, while being weak instead. Think of someone in real life pretending to be a god, having more rights and power than other players, that's power play, giving yourself powers that you do not have.

What would be a good RP name to use?(Not your own.) Something not offensive, non-existing and above all, no bullshit names such as Death Shine. A good RP name would be something you would name your child after.

What is a troll? A troll is basically someone who flames the game and their community, and most of the times, does not even play the game itself. It would also cause annoyance upon the other players, such as yelling at them, correcting every typo they make, and perhaps even act weird in the game.

What would you do to a troll? I would not punish a troll unless I am sure that it is a troll. When the person is a troll for sure, I'd give them a warning first, followed by an actual punishment if he repeats.

What methods do you take to secure the safety of the community? In my opinion, there is no way to secure the safety of the community, you can only increase it. There are always people out there that will cause chaos, and if that one is gone, another one takes his place.

What hours are you on generally? Most likely every hour possible, I have no life.

What are the rules? (In your own words.)[b] The in-game rules are quite simple, actually. You may not act as if you are of high power, while you are not, you may not insult other people over OOC and do anything abnormal. Everything should have an RP reason, and you should always emote your first and last attacks. You can't control other people without them allowing you to do so either.

\/ (What's with this B?)
[b]Simulation

A player is trolling, spamming, non-rp attacking/killing other people. What would you do the first time he makes a mistake? What would you do the second time? What would you do the fourth? What would you do the final time? Would you just ban the troll on the spot without any warnings the first time it makes a mistake?(The troll isn't obvious at first. Keep that in mind.) How would you carry this out professionally?

First of all, the troll isn't obvious, so I would probably not notice. When he is starting to get a little more suspicious, I'd warn him. He will probably do one of the two things, 1. Stay quiet for a while, then go on. 2. insult the crap out of me and go on with his own business. If he does the first thing I mentioned, I'd keep my eyes on him, I know trolls, they don't just stop trolling, if he then repeats, I'd first mute him, and probably end it after around 10 minutes or so, if he even then still repeats, boot him from the server, he probably won't waste his time on the game anymore. If he chooses to insult me and go insane, he'd get a mute, but if he does things in-game too, like randomly attacking people in-game, he'd be booted.
Back to top Go down
Zeaal
Zeaal

PostSubject: Oooh   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 pm

That might be worth a try. Surprised

Basic Information

Name:

Will be retrieved once the server is back up. Should the server be completely wiped, it will be: Tatsuya, Nagatoh

Patrick Grebe

Key:

Ssjmunchlax

14 (next month 15, woot)

Position Desired:

Admin

Reason:

I like doin' things like special RPs, tournaments, et-cetera. Also, It'd be nice to give people roles if the Shogun has confirmed they can have said role and there's no other admin online. Yeah.

Q&A

What is RP?

RP is ... BEEING someone else. Behaving like someone else. Behaving like you're a whole different person, in a whole different world (or country), or time.

What is godmod/powerplay?(Give a full description. Half-assed answers will NOT be accepted.)

Godmodding is, for instance, RPing like this. *Tatsuya, Eshaku (lol!) grabbed his Katana from his belt. He heaved it up high, then placed it to his side. He dashed over to Jackson, Michael and stabbed him through the neck, causing Jackson, Michael to bleed out and die.* This example shows the Godmodder, Tatsuya, Eshaku in this case, instantly killing his enemy, without giving the enemy a chance to even respond.

What would be a good RP name to use?(Not your own.)

Yuij, Mamoto

What is a troll?

A person that spends his life doing nothing but riding the insult-train all over a person. .. Basically, a bully. But worse.

What would you do to a troll?

Warning, 1 hour Mute, Ban.

What methods do you take to secure the safety of the community?

I'm willing to actually TEACH players how to RP, for one. Hm, what more? Well.. Trolls, Griefers and generally annoying players will be put to place. People tell me i'm a little harsh in punishment, though.

What hours are you on generally?

Uh.. Let's say 12 PM to 12 or 1 AM

What are the rules? (In your own words.)[b]

No griefing, no trolling, no disrespectfull behavior.

[b]Simulation

At first, I'd give the troll a warning, something like ''Dude, would you mind stopping that for a moment.'' Then, if he'd continue, I'd (depending on the offense, let's say trolling) mute him for about 10 minutes. (Yeah, adjusting it to the simulation.) If he still goes on, I'd give him one final warning. If he doesn't behave after that, it's a ban for.. Say.. A few days. Like 3. If he keeps it up, permaban.
Back to top Go down
Kinger556
Kinger556

PostSubject: Re: GM Application Skeleton   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 am

Basic Information

Name:(In-game name):Lusaro Malone
Key:Kinger556

Position Desired:I dont really care what rank I get, whatever you want really

Reason:I feel like it, Seriously most of the time, I have had nothing to do since this game has been down for a few days. This wont mean I wont try or not be a good GM or anything. Also because every now and then a noob does something to me and it pisses me off.....So, I really want to keep this game noob-free cause its just so awsome!

Q&A

What is RP?
RP or role play is when you play a person/character and act like them, and do what they would do. Or be your own, made up character and do what you want them to do. Hero, Villain whatever you want

What is godmod/powerplay?
Godmod is when you do something that your character would never actually be able to do. Like, someone attacks this guy with a sword and stabs him threw the heart. But the guy that got stabbed just says "I'm not dead" or something like that.

Powerplay is basically when you control a other character's actions threw RP and make them do stuff.

What would be a good RP name to use?
Anything really should be allowed as long as it does not have numbers, offensive words, or other stupid stuff to get around the rules

What is a troll?
A troll is someone who just yells and flames at people, and is really just annoying in every way possible.....

Well, first I'd ask him/her why hes being annoying and if its a stupid answer (which it most likely will be) I'll just go threw some steps of punishment

(Warning -> Warning/Mute -> Ban (few hours-1 day) -> Ban(few days- perm)

I'm usually on a good amount of time, but I cant give you specific times cause I'm one of those people that have a life. So things might pop up that I need to do.

What are the rules?[b]
No godmodding, Powerplaying. Trolling, Don't abuse bugs, don't do stuff you know is wrong but do it anyway just because the rules dont specifically mention it (Very annoying)

[b]Simulation

Well, if I get some complaints about someone I would not just ban him on the spot, I'd go to him and find out why hes doing what hes doing. If it just so happens that hes doing it to be really annoying them i'm just gonna go with a ban for about a day after that, if he continues then perm ban, no use having someone in the game who's pure goal is to annoy people...... But if hes doing it by accident or hes reason was kinda alright, i'd go with a warning and after that a mute.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
Flash

PostSubject: Re: GM Application Skeleton   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

Name:(In-game name)
Ryuuza, Flashku

Mat

Key:
Raptura

Position Desired:
Administrator.

Reason:
Like you say, there's usually always a hidden agenda when wanting a certain position. My reasoning for wanting this position is, however, not just for myself. The admin's are usually too busy to excessively help each member accordingly and given my track record on other games throughout the 3 years my 'Raptura' key has been registered on BYOND, I'm a very helpful person.
However! The big however this time.. The purpose of this position is not just to help the needy, myself... It's also to help the game in general! Yes, of course. I'm talking about helping the game out in a good way--- Iconning!
There's always new suggestions for icons and a lot of the time they don't get put in simply because AllSmiles doesn't have all the time in the world to get things done (And if there's any other pixel artists, sorry I left you out here!)
Those are my reasons for wanting the position.

Q&A

What is RP?
Role-play is a form of text based actions towards other people taking on another persona! Personality, traits, titles, everything, of a made up character is taken on by one person to contribute to various communities who enjoy English inside a confined environment where they can do or say anything they want and express there selves freely through their words!

What is godmod/powerplay?
God-mod is when a character (Person) takes on a formidable power wherein they can decide the actions of anything, a god!
They have the power to decide the fate of anything and everything, apparently whatever they desire they can have.
-Flashku launches his spherical fist towards the face of his opponent-
-Some random guy punches the shit out of Flashku-

I got owned! God-mod...truly a powerful thing!
They're invulnerable, impenetrable. It's basically like hacking, definitely cheating!

What would be a good RP name to use?(Not your own.)
It depends on your opinion. Perspectives of matters change from own person to another, what I think might be a good name... Someone else might think it's absolute trash!
The question did ask what a good name to use would be, though..
The name has to have something that makes it memorable, perhaps a hidden meaning. This is why Japanese names are common in role-playing, even the most random looking name can have a creative hidden meaning.
Therefore, even a simple "Ryu, Shinji" has a powerful meaning.
Ryu means 'Dragon', Shinji means 'First born'. He's a first born dragon! Can't get more powerful then that, haha.

What is a troll?
It starts with the childhood. Unloved and neglected, they opted for the internet at a young age, usually thinking they're cool for having MSN a couple years before their friends. They start to evolve into creatures who dwell under bridges and feast on the emotions of those that can't control themselves.
Typical trolling -
Troll: You're a faggot
Random: No I'm not
Troll: You also have no friends
Random: -Cries-

The troll feeds on negative energy, crying is a terrible way to deal with a troll.

Set it on fire and send it back to its bridge!
No, you can't do that.. It'll make it hard and encourage it to come back later.
You can't do anything to really stop a troll, a good troll, anyways.

The safety of the community is essential! There's various ways to secure the safety per-say, but specifically action is required immediately.
If you're inattentive and let your guard down, this allows users to force their way in and start to damage the community from within. This leads to non-roleplay attackings, usually. A warning is required at this time, if the warning is not read and the attacks do not cease, a boot is appropriate. If they come back and begin to assault people, verbally or physically (Character wise) a mute and another warning shall be issued.
If anything else occurs a ban is put in place. There's simply nothing else that'll help in that situation if the other person is unwilling to cooperate.

Night time, AEST, which is very different. I'm many hours into the future of Americans and so at 7PM my time, it's early morning for the general consensus of Americans and this has less action then usually.
I'm on up to 3-5 hours a day on a weekday and on weekends I can be on all day if need be.

What are the rules?
General rules?
Well, I'd say..
No godmoding, explained at top of post ^^^^

No flaming. Don't just start to abuse someone for no reason and even then, keep the abuse to a minimum.

Don't abuse your power.. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you should use it forcefully.

No IC in OOC. Keep your discussions of in-character, IN character. There's no need for posting them up in the OOC where everyone can see them.

No metagaming. This means knowledge of things that are relevant to OOC in IC, such as automatically knowing other peoples names.

And this is all I can think of for now.. Very tired.

Simulation

Initially, questions are invoked. I would want to know why such things are occurring. Trolls are quite noticeable at all times for me, because I had to learn everything about them because I used to get trolled by my real friend all the time. What an asshole, haha! Smile
Anyways, if questions are left unanswered and complaints are still incoming, a warning would be made clear to the individual(s) who are causing the chaos.
If the warnings aren't absorbed and abode by, I would kick the person/people causing the chaos.
If they log back in and continue, another warning would be issued. If they STILL continue to do it, a ban would be put in place immediately.
There's just no reasoning with some people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM Application Skeleton   GM Application Skeleton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GM Application Skeleton
Page 1 of 1